Looking to Buy?
Buying a home is considered the biggest purchase and investment most people experience in their lifetime. It is important to make sure you get it right! I can assist you through buying a home from start to finish and will help to answer any of your questions along the way to ensure you feel comfortable with your decision.
The home buying process, step by step:
1. Buying Consultation with Amanda - I like to meet with my clients first to see what they are looking for in a home (needs vs. wants), what their budget is, how much they can afford and what areas they are looking to buy in. This way we can focus our search on only those homes that meet their criteria.
2. Listings Direct to your Inbox - During our initial consultation I will set you up with a daily email of all available listings that meet your criteria and are in your desired location.
3. Home Viewings - Next, let's start visiting homes you might be interested in. You let me know which homes you are interested in viewing based on your daily emailed listings and I will set up the appointment with the seller and their agent.
4. You Found the One - Once you have found the right house, I will meet with you and put together an offer. This gets submitted to the seller's agent and they present it to the seller. During this process, I help you decide what is a reasonable offer and what conditions need to go into the offer in order to protect yourself.
5. Offer Accepted - Great news, the seller accepted your offer! If there are conditions that need to be met, we start working on that. Things like financing and a home inspection are possible conditions in your offer that usually need to be decided on within the first week or two after your offer is accepted. Once these conditions are waived, you have officially bought yourself a house!
6. Work Towards House Closing - The last step in the home buying process is closing on you house. Your offer goes to your lawyer and you met with them to sign paperwork. You can start setting up your new hydro, gas, water and sewer accounts, and lining up a moving company so that everything is taken care of when you get your keys. I am still accessible throughout this last step to help you answer questions, create a moving checklist and ensure the closing runs smoothly.
What my clients are saying
What my clients are saying
Having Amanda as my realtor was a great experience. As a first time home buyer, I was unsure how the buying process worked and had a lot of questions. Amanda was very helpful and I never felt like I was being pushed into buying a home. I ended up with a great home for a great price and I couldn't be happier!
Grant - First Time Home Buyer - Woodstock, ON.